Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whaddup guys!? So it's time to replace the front cats on my 03 xe.. I was wondering if buying oem cats are they way to go, or if getting some performance or aftermarket ones are simply better? The price is more or less the same and I am wanting to have a local exhaust shop do me a custom cat back exhaust system with removing the 2 rear cats and new muffler. Does anyone have some experience w this?
Also, AC has headers that I could smack on there too but says off road use only. That meaning it won't pass S/E for road use? Says they have o2 sensor spots but just wondering what the options are and the best bang for the buck.
Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
8,525 Posts
Whaddup guys!? So it's time to replace the front cats on my 03 xe.. I was wondering if buying oem cats are they way to go, or if getting some performance or aftermarket ones are simply better? The price is more or less the same and I am wanting to have a local exhaust shop do me a custom cat back exhaust system with removing the 2 rear cats and new muffler. Does anyone have some experience w this?
Also, AC has headers that I could smack on there too but says off road use only. That meaning it won't pass S/E for road use? Says they have o2 sensor spots but just wondering what the options are and the best bang for the buck.
Thanks guys
You will need the back 2 cats to keep the check engine light off

·
Registered
444 Posts
OBD2=2 sensors per bank, OBD1=1 sensor per bank...does not refer to how many cats you need

Darin
01 Xterra SE 4x4
COMING SOON:
Intake mod, timing belt, hoses, belts
Wish list:
PML, EFan conversion, shocks, 32" tires, and eventually UCA'S

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.