Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking and looking, nothing but repaint, damaged cars, was about to give up and today I hit the mother load.

So I didn't end up getting a four banger, I landed a 60,000 mile SL500 Silver Arrow, hard/soft top convertible. Bose sound system, maybe 20 stone chips
Original price, 85,000, I talked him down to 8,500
Garaged since new, new tires all around, cleanest used car other than mine I have seen in years.

WoooooooooooooooHoooooooooooooooo!
So it only gets 23mpg on the interstate, that is 5mpg better than the X
16 spark plugs... LOL

Attachments

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks nice. Why's the X in storage?
Basically, I don't want to put any more miles on it or risk someone running into it. I've kept it too clean and maintained for 16 years to have some uninsured Louisiana driver total it.
I'll pull it out on sundays to keep the fluids moving but that is it. When it hits 25 years of age, maybe I'll sell it.

My paint job still looks like the day I bought it. I'm not risking a small crash/air bag deployment, I'd rather watch the value of it climb back up.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What have I done for my Benz today?
New OEM floor mats, new OEM heat shield for the hood (they fall apart).
New driver side rear view mirror. The mirrors are auto tint for night driving and heated. The fluid leaked out years ago. Still works but hey, 200 bucks ain't going to spend itself. MB wants 500 for it, found an OEM on online.

I also made an appointment with MB to flush and drain the "sealed for life" transmission fluid. This is one car I won't wrench, I want service records.

·
Registered
248 Posts
OoooOOooo congrats! A great choice! A friend of mine owned one of those and they are built like tanks! Great car to drive, smooth and just plain all around fun! They do not make them like they used to. Way to negotiate!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Any pics of your X? Sounds immaculate and would like to admire.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OoooOOooo congrats! A great choice! A friend of mine owned one of those and they are built like tanks! Great car to drive, smooth and just plain all around fun! They do not make them like they used to. Way to negotiate!
Thanks, I'm still shocked he gave it to me. I actually think it was his wife's car because when I made the offer, he went inside the cabana where she had been watching me and spoke with her. I low balled him at 8k and he actually took 8.5. I would have paid 12 14 for it. It is still sitting in his air conditioned garage because I can't pick it up until Friday but I've already bought anything it lacked.

I've looked at so many cars over the years, this was the first one from 30 feet away you could tell it was pristine. I'm pricing storage facilities so I can play musical cars with the X and the SL

·
Registered
140 Posts
Damn that paint looks new and I'm surprised at the condition of your plastics and trim :O

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Damn that paint looks new and I'm surprised at the condition of your plastics and trim :O
It's been garaged most of its life, that and I only wash it with mcguires liquid wax and shammy it. I seriously have only washed it once or twice a year since new. It has never been clay barred but is due for it. Couple stone chips could use a touch up, got the touch up kit just never got around to doing it.
The only tiny dent is on the passenger door. My nephew did that the first day I owned it at a restaurant when I parked next to a metal pole. One of those guys that do paintless dent removal could make that go away.

·
Registered
140 Posts
It's been garaged most of its life, that and I only wash it with mcguires liquid wax and shammy it. I seriously have only washed it once or twice a year since new. It has never been clay barred but is due for it. Couple stone chips could use a touch up, got the touch up kit just never got around to doing it.
The only tiny dent is on the passenger door. My nephew did that the first day I owned it at a restaurant when I parked next to a metal pole. One of those guys that do paintless dent removal could make that go away.
Damn dude. Babied not Beat hey ;)

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Damn dude. Babied not Beat hey ;)
Definitely not beat, I have never once pushed the gas pedal to the floor. It has been 'old man' driven since day ONE!!!!>:D

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Brought home the new Benz today. It like driving in a fish bowl the way people stare.

My neighbor pointed out something which is probably the only thing I didn't notice. 4 new brake calipers, rotors and pads were installed recently in addition to the new tires. I don't even want to know what that cost him, i'll start feeling bad for getting it for 8,500 bucks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts