Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

After a nice day of driving with the windows down and having bits of foam flying at my face the whole time from my headliner, I finally yanked it out. I know others have done this but thought I would share my completed Bedliner Headliner mod. I used Dupli-Color bedliner quart found at Oreillys for $23, plus a bedliner plastic/rubber type roller, about $40 total and headliner was not too bad to slide in and out.

I let it dry 24 hours in the garage. Strong smell when applying but after 24 hour cure time, hardly any smell now (verified with wife).

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was much easier and quicker than I imagined, even got the headliner out by myself. Helps to have a second pair of hands when re-inserting to help guide over the side trim as the other pushes from the hatch area. The DIY in the sticky section is what I used. I thought to myself if it looks bad I can always recover, but I'm happy with results and glad I don't have to worry about it re-sagging even after replacing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This looks pretty awesome. How's the noise level? I was considering the same approach but I'm worried that removing the fabric buffer will turn the cabin into one big resonator box...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I did it on my 03 Xterra several years back with the same stuff and it still looks good. Even took out interior trim pieces sprayed black plasti dip on them, retinted the rear side windows. It looks good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did it on my 03 Xterra several years back with the same stuff and it still looks good. Even took out interior trim pieces sprayed black plasti dip on them, retinted the rear side windows. It looks good.
Do you have pictures of this? I like the idea..

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
336 Posts
Problem I see with this is any toxins given off during high heat or extreme heat environments. There's a reason why anyone trucking around with a Flip-Pac or a Habitat dont Rhino/LineX the beds in these vehicles, they're often finished off in other ways or Goose gear type mods. The toxic gases that build up inside of a living space aren't conducive to or good towards your health and they can build up for years after application.

From my understanding the Rhino Liner is worse as any of the more rubbery (sp?) based materials over the harder textured materials like the LineX brand.

Don't get me wrong, I think it adds an interesting dimension to the X and I bet its hella quiet too but as a Father of 3 that does raise a concern, especially with children or pets might be of concern for some to pay attention to is all. Something to consider.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts