Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK new to the site, just got my Xterra last year. I took her offroad two weekends in a row and found some mud and beginner level riverbeds and hills.

The last time I stopped yesterday after a day of hills my Xterra would turn on BUT would not rev if I pushed the gas pedal. VDC light and Check Engine light are on and the car will only idle forward or backward.

I removed the battery negative terminal and left it off for a few minutes and reattached it and the car starts and ran fine but later that day when i stopped it for food it did it again, I did the battery trick again and it worked.

I thought it was ok after that but it did it again today EXCEPT it was having trouble staying in idle and died a few times.

any help will be greatly apreciated...also how do I find xterramoff roaders in my area in southen cali on this site? love to hook up and learn some new things and meet new people.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nope, car drives just fine after I remove the battery neg terminal...starts and runs. usually starts right away if I stop again. It just sits awhile and then it didnt want to start again. this last time it idled bad and stalled. remove the battery terminal and it reset and ran fine again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pulled codes t2101 and t0603, mechanic thinks taht the second one will be fixed when i fix the throttle body. is this a common problem, 2006 161k miles. did this happen because I went off road or through puddles? my air intake system was pretty clean so I dont think anything got sucked up in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.