Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra 4x4 S
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I’m a rookie in the world of MX on my vehicles. I encountered something new to me, and need the assistance of you gear heads out there.

I have a 2012 X 4x4 model S, roughly 149K miles, and as of today will only shift into reverse. When I shift into reverse it takes a second, then clunks into gear. It will shift into neutral with no issues. When attempting to shift to drive, it won’t budge, and the engine sounds labored when trying to shift from N to D.

Since I can’t drive in reverse all the way to a mechanic, I’m on my own to fix this one. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hi all. I’m a rookie in the world of MX on my vehicles. I encountered something new to me, and need the assistance of you gear heads out there.

I have a 2012 X 4x4 model S, roughly 149K miles, and as of today will only shift into reverse. When I shift into reverse it takes a second, then clunks into gear. It will shift into neutral with no issues. When attempting to shift to drive, it won’t budge, and the engine sounds labored when trying to shift from N to D.

Since I can’t drive in reverse all the way to a mechanic, I’m on my own to fix this one. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Did you accidently push the "shift lock" button in located at the upper left corner of the shifter lever panel?

·
Registered
496 Posts

Can't shift past neutral into drive | Nissan Frontier Forum (clubfrontier.org)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts