·
Registered
2,954 Posts
can someone translate, guessing he is asking why the check engine light is on

·
Registered
67 Posts
According to Google translate the poster was trying to say

does not turn on and does not mark parkin or reverse or anything like that someone knows the possible cause

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
According to Google translate the poster was trying to say

does not turn on and does not mark parkin or reverse or anything like that someone knows the possible cause
ah, ok didnt think to use google translate lol, dont know why.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Espanol
¿puede contarnos más sobre el vehículo? en qué año es, tracción en las dos ruedas o tracción en las cuatro ruedas, ¿ha verificado algún código de la computadora?

English
Can you please tell us more about the vehicle? What year is it, two wheel drive or four-wheel drive, have you checked for any codes from the computer?

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
have your codes read, but it will likely be the park neutral safety switch which tells your transmission control module what gear you are in and if you are in park or neutral and then tells the engine computer this and allows you to start as the car has to be in park or neutral to start. check the mechanical linkage under the truck too, the 2nd gens are still fairly old school in many ways and have a mechanical linkage arm that actually changes the gears its possible your busing has gone bad and the linkage slipped telling the transmission conteol computer you arent in the gear the lever shows when the transmission maybe and then causes this problem. any shift issues prior to this?

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Well if you're an old fart like me you never grew up with Google translate so it's not first nature. ;);)
hey i resemble that remark lol im only 29..... but no i did not grow up with it, knew quite a bit of spanish from school as in texas they forced you to learn it for several years but never used it so lost it all.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
have your codes read, but it will likely be the park neutral safety switch which tells your transmission control module what gear you are in and if you are in park or neutral and then tells the engine computer this and allows you to start as the car has to be in park or neutral to start. check the mechanical linkage under the truck too, the 2nd gens are still fairly old school in many ways and have a mechanical linkage arm that actually changes the gears its possible your busing has gone bad and the linkage slipped telling the transmission conteol computer you arent in the gear the lever shows when the transmission maybe and then causes this problem. any shift issues prior to this?
haga que lean sus códigos, pero es probable que sea el interruptor de seguridad de neutral de estacionamiento que le dice a su módulo de control de transmisión en qué marcha se encuentra y si está en estacionamiento o neutral y luego le dice esto a la computadora del motor y le permite comenzar como el automóvil tiene estar en el parque o neutral para comenzar. compruebe el enlace mecánico debajo del camión también, los 2dos gens siguen siendo bastante viejos en muchos aspectos y tienen un brazo de enlace mecánico que en realidad cambia los engranajes, es posible que su autobús se haya estropeado y el enlace se deslizó y le dijo a la computadora de control de transmisión que no está en el engranaje que muestra la palanca cuando la transmisión puede y luego causa este problema. ¿Hay problemas de turno antes de esto?

·
Registered
67 Posts
hey i resemble that remark lol im only 29..... but no i did not grow up with it, knew quite a bit of spanish from school as in texas they forced you to learn it for several years but never used it so lost it all.
Remember youngster, age is more a state of mind than a number. I'm an old fart who's 39 going on about 60.

I remember in middle School I had to take German. Don't know a damn thing in German though. At least Spanish is more useful than German in the US at least.

But who needs that nowadays, we'll just rely on smartphones and technology!

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Remember youngster, age is more a state of mind than a number. I'm an old fart who's 39 going on about 60.

I remember in middle School I had to take German. Don't know a damn thing in German though. At least Spanish is more useful than German in the US at least.

But who needs that nowadays, we'll just rely on smartphones and technology!
exactly, hell i feel alot older than I am at times, especially around people my age as I am alot more mechanically inclined than most people my age group i know, but also more technically inclined too (but hey my dad had me building and fixing computers by 6 years old, and i have a degree in computer engineering and programming and work in IT so....) and German is useful if you like metal music, Rammstein is a great german groove metal band.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts