Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First thing no one was hurt. The X I cant say the same for. Yesterday morning the wife was headed to work, a girl in a full size dodge pickup (2000) model was coming up to a stop sign, which she didnt stop for to make a left turn. My wife hit her in the side rear of the truck, knocking the rear end out from under it! The X has damage to the front end as well as driver side, can not open the hood to inspect any more damage, but everything is smashed it seems. The left front tire rod broke in two pieces! No fluids leaking out. We are sick over this! Its like losing a family member, we have the X for 5 years, it would have been paid for this coming march, now we are gonna get stuck with another 5 year note! Unless we by a beater, but that's not gonna happen. And get this- the truck was not even the girls, it was her boyfriends from out of state, and NO insurance, repeat NO NO NO NO insurance!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have uninsured motorist and the x left the seen to go to a local body shop to check the extent of the damages, the guy should give me a call today to tell me if its gonna be totaled or repaired. Its like watching a family member on life support, your pulling for them, you want them to make it but you know its not gonna be the same or possibly not make it... We just finished doing the 100k mile maintance, I did it all my self, turned evey bolt! Did a complete brake job including new rotors. Changed the struts, shocks, plugs, belt, tranny fluid and filter, etc... It was in perfect shape untill this low life hit us! Just put in the double din head unit, mounted the dvd for my son on the head liner... Just make me sick!!!! 4 brand new tires in my attic right now that was waiting to go on it..
We have decided if it does not make it we will get another X so I can cross all my extra's on it. It just will suck that we will have a note for a few more years now. But at least it will be a newer x, hopefully around 2010... She had seen some green ones last night she like, but we are still pulling for the X to be revived. It would be so nice to drive up to the repair shop and see the X back out, completely repaired!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Guenstling
1,070 Posts
Hopin for ya

Sent from The Dark Side

·
Registered
733 Posts
That really sucks!!

Sent from my Motorola using the AutoGuide app

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
Can you buy it back? I'd LOVE to make a PhoeniX II out of a Next Gen!

Cut the top off, full cage, lose the computer system, Atlas, D44 front and 9" rear with spool in the back, regeared on 35's with some custom front end protection.

If you're looking at 4 wheeling for some real fun, in something that you no longer mind getting a dent in, this is your chance.

If not, sorry for your loss, hope all is well in your future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts