Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 xterra SE that I got 2 years ago as my first car and ive jusr started working on it and i the muffler off recently and it sounds killer lol im really wanting to put a v8 engine in it would that be a realistic goal?

·
Registered
03 XE A/T, SC coming soon
636 Posts
Probably not. The second generation xterra is a popular candidate for the Titan drivetrain but the xterra has narrow frame rails so an engine would have to sit pretty high potentially putting the trans down at a silly angle. Diesel is a more popular swap for the older xterras

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably not. The second generation xterra is a popular candidate for the Titan drivetrain but the xterra has narrow frame rails so an engine would have to sit pretty high potentially putting the trans down at a silly angle. Diesel is a more popular swap for the older xterras
Thats not a bad idea what diesel engine would you recommend because i personally would like to crank out alot of power and kinda be like an ultimate off road type thing

·
Registered
03 XE A/T, SC coming soon
636 Posts
I think they were using QD32 like they used in other markets but the low gear transfer and some front and rear lockers would do the job off road better than any engine swap and probably cheaper

1 - 6 of 6 Posts