Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I successfully changed that damned spark plug that is between the firewall and the engine on my 01 xterra. All I really have to say is F**K you nissan. Anywho, that is done. The plug looks like it is the original with 187k miles on it. At that rate, I should never have to change that one again. I checked the gap on the one that I pulled out it measured out at .080 and the electrode was almost gone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently changed mine for the second time. It wasn't any easier than the first. Still a pita.

Anyone else have debris down around their plugs? I used a tube and shop vac to vac out the trash so the socket would seat easier.

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 3.3L AT
10,404 Posts
Today I successfully changed that damned spark plug that is between the firewall and the engine on my 01 xterra. All I really have to say is F**K you nissan. Anywho, that is done. The plug looks like it is the original with 187k miles on it. At that rate, I should never have to change that one again. I checked the gap on the one that I pulled out it measured out at .080 and the electrode was almost gone.
Excellent :)

I recently changed mine for the second time. It wasn't any easier than the first. Still a pita.

Anyone else have debris down around their plugs? I used a tube and shop vac to vac out the trash so the socket would seat easier.
If you wheel the truck it is much worse but a shop vac/tube set up or compressed air with the plugs still seated are the most used methods.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.