Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we bought my daughter's '04 XE last year it didn't have a key fob. Bought one on line. I can't get the car to enter programming mode. Took it to the dealer, 3 hours later they told me the problem was the driver's side door switch (which was working fine) and they wanted $260 to replace it. Needless to say I replaced it myself for about $40 with a new switch. It still won't enter programming mode. Does anyone have any other ideas? I am really not interested in going back to the dealer and pay another $100 for a diagnostic check. (I also had an issue with the wiper motor that they diagnosed, wanted $250 to replace that, of course I did my self for about $60). I did have the dealer parts department run the Vin# to make sure that the vehicle did have the keyless remote feature, which it does.

Any help would be appreciated. Unlocking with the key works fine, but I would rather have my daughter just press a button than fumbling with the keys when she is out somewhere.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Are you positive it has keyless installed? There were like 3 option packages available for the XE's so i don't know if it was standard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts