Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 140K miles, my 2004 X gave up the glue on its headliner, and within 2 months came COMPLETELY detached. It looked like an upside down circus tent and every breeze sent foam particles all through the car. Nice! So I took on the project of replacing the headliner fabric.

I currently have the headliner out (that's another story), and while I'm driving around with the coolest Darth Vader bare metal car ceiling (according to my daughter) I began to think "what else should I do now that the ceiling is exposed"?!?

What extra should I do with this once or twice in a cars lifetime opportunity? I came up with a couple ideas. Can anybody help me with these or add your own?

1. Run electrical wire in case I wanted to add lights to the roof. I could run wire to the back and the front. Maybe even drill holes in the roof and fish it into the cargo pipes for later use. Where should I drill and what gauge wire should I use?

2. Run wires in the car for audio, HDMI, USB?!? Dunno why, reaching here.

3. Add some kind of cool LED lights to the headliner. Why? I dunno, my daughter would think its cool.

Any help with these or other suggestions?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I painted my headliner . if you do obviously clean all old foam off the board I used rubber palmed gloves an a shop vac w great results also use a heavy nap roller for a slight textured result mine turned out pretty awesome .an your able to wipe the mud off .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts