Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Xterra owners. I bought an aftermarket remote start kit for my wife's Xterra. Of course, it came from China. The directions are awful to try to understand. I have included them in the attachments. What I do know to connect.... From C3/D7 module on the instructions..... RED to Green (12 v), Black to ground, I have no I idea which the others go to. It does not make sense to me. Is the a smart Nissan mechanic that can tell me which and what wires need to be connected for this? For example the Brown (+) wire goes to (on 2+) of the Xterra. What the heck is that? And so on. Thanks to any knowledgeable mechanic that can direct me correctly with this install.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If this is a 2nd gen check to see if there are any T harnesses available. It makes life so much easier. If you have a 1st gen it’s all hardwire and make sure to solder any data connections. If you have the time I’d go ahead and solder every wire but data is VERY important to solder. To be completely honest with you, I am not sure what it means by Brown + to On 2. I’ve installed a lot of remote starts but usually the guides we get give you the color of the cars wire.

Also is this guide car specific? Every remote start I have done has been car specific on the guides.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts