Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could use a little direction on this project because automotive electrical is something I haven't done yet.

I bought a set of Rigid D2 high power LED lights. They are 34.5 watts, 2.5 amp draw. My Gen1 fog lights were deleted when I put on the Shrock bumper, but the wiring connections are still there. The OEM connections don't fit the Rigid lights, but would it be ok to just spice them on those lines? I mean, the relay is already there, I don't see a need to wire in a whole new relay and switch when I already have the fogs switch/relay already there.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Should be fine, however i would test them first. The led's may have enough internal grounding that they may stay on even when the switch is off because much of the X is ground switched. Its the same thing that happens with some led dome lights.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should be fine, however i would test them first. The led's may have enough internal grounding that they may stay on even when the switch is off because much of the X is ground switched. Its the same thing that happens with some led dome lights.
Just looking at the wiring diagram it appears that the ground is on the switch. If the factory fog switch is the same way wouldn't I be ok just wiring it in at the light?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts