Nissan XTerra Forum banner

Will 315/75r16’s fit???

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  owenweyers 
#1 ·
I have a 2 inch body lift on my 2004 xterra and I recently order a 3 inch suspension lift but I’m concerned if the 315/75/16 wildpeak mud terrains would even fit, I don’t mind trimming but would like to know if it’ll fit with the body lift and suspension lift?

#2 ·
That’s a big tire to shove under an X. Even with a 2” body lift, you’re gonna be into sheet metal with even mild suspension compression.

I’m running 32s (admittedly, on wheels with 4.75 backspacing, which makes the swing wider), and with a 1” body lift I still had to remove a bunch of plastic and a fair bit of sheet metal.

Remember that a suspension lift gives you the illusion of additional room. But if you compress suspension (in off-road driving, for instance…), the upper limit is still the same.

What wheels are you running, and what’s the backspacing? If it’s shallower than stock (coupled with a much wider tire), that may also present problems.

If it were me, I’d want to get confirmation from someone here that they’ve done it and what was involved before buying the tires. 32s and 33s are a known quantity on these things, but you’re talking about 12 inch wide 35s.

#4 ·
I appreciate the response I ended up going for the 33s instead, as of right now I have 32s and just wanted to go with something a bit bigger but I have yet to find someone willing to or know how to do a regear aswell which brings in another problem for 35s and also wearing out my steering components faster

#5 ·
@RacerXXL speaks from experience, and @Raz was wise to stop short of recommending anything larger than 33" tires.

Based on that, and on what appears to be your absolute desire to have 35" tires, you should do an SAS and be done with it. Otherwise, start lining up your replacement parts suppliers and make sure your savings account can handle it.

Reactions: Wopsburguli
#6 ·
You'll need to trim a lot but they will squeeze. I only rub at full lock, 305/70s with 2" wheel spacers all around, 2" BL and 2.5" SL on stock wheels. As for steering, I beefed all of mine up and then proceeded to torture it, no issues so far. I'd say the size you plan on is about the limit before you need to start thinking about SASing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.