Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm buying some new tires, wanna pickup some General Grabbers AT2. They all 285/75/16 on some OEM xterra rims. Will I have any issues with rubbing or placement? I just wanna triple check before I order them

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
I run 265/75/R16 in those tires (31.6"). The 285s are over an inch larger (32.8") and will likely rub being closer to 33" vs closer to 32". 32" is the limit without a body lift unless you want to dick around with trimming and wheel spacers. Even the 265s in some brands need the front mud guards trimmed a bit on the inside. The OEM guards have a cutout line on the inside for where to trim.

There's a good guide somewhere on here, a sticky, with the tire fitment limits without a body lift.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks CanX, with that info I'm gonna go with a 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2 with a discount wheel
(Unique 297 wheel, 16 X7 6-139.70 0).

What's the OEM off set on a 2002 xterra? Is is +12?
I want these new wheels to go pass the fender a little, with the 0 offset can I achieve that?
Will I have any issues clearing the caliber or rear drum with the offset at o?

Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Check the two sticky threads at the top of this forum page for that info on backspacing. I'll just mudify the fuzzification.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
I'm buying some new tires, wanna pickup some General Grabbers AT2. They all 285/75/16 on some OEM xterra rims. Will I have any issues with rubbing or placement? I just wanna triple check before I order them
May I ask, What year is your Xterra? Just want to double check for you.

You may have some rubbing with the 265/70R-16 depending on what tire you choose. Do you have a tire in mind?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.