Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There seem to be a lot of wifi back up cameras on Amazon. Has anyone bought one and used it for the purpose of navigating (picking lines) through rock gardens and for cresting steep hills where you can't see if you need to keep straight, go left, go right....avoid obstacle etc...when cresting a steep hill.

I want to use a camera(s) for live info, not recording. It needs to have a battery that last for 6 hours of continuous broadcasting of the image to my phone or tablet via wifi. I think the basic backup camera will do the job for cresting hills but maybe not so good for picking lines and confirming my tire locations when driving up and over bigger rocks?

Is anyone using a setup like this for these reasons? If yes, how is it working or not working?

· Registered
2001 se 4x4 5spd 32"
299 Posts
There seem to be a lot of wifi back up cameras on Amazon. Has anyone bought one and used it for the purpose of navigating (picking lines) through rock gardens and for cresting steep hills where you can't see if you need to keep straight, go left, go right....avoid obstacle etc...when cresting a steep hill.

I want to use a camera(s) for live info, not recording. It needs to have a battery that last for 6 hours of continuous broadcasting of the image to my phone or tablet via wifi. I think the basic backup camera will do the job for cresting hills but maybe not so good for picking lines and confirming my tire locations when driving up and over bigger rocks?

Is anyone using a setup like this for these reasons? If yes, how is it working or not working?
Sounds like a good idea. Most of the cameras will need a wire run for power, I have done this wiring for backup cameras and it was not hard.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts