Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my AC lines leaks, I put UV dye in and found it...I want to replace the line, but I want to make sure I buy the right one. What is the proper name for this line, it doesn't appear to be the H or L pressure line:

2003 xterra ... thanks for any help

·
Registered
03 XE A/T, SC coming soon
1,441 Posts
When looking at A/C pipes, you’ll see two different diameters. The larger pipe is always low side and the smaller pipe is always high side. If it includes rubber hose then it’s considered a hose not a pipe. From a quick look, you’re looking for the high side hose

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Just a note. If it's leaking from the rubber hose you may want to consider replacing both as the other is likely not far behind. Absolutely do not forget to replace the drier unit on the system and make sure a vacuum is pulled on the system before refilling.

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
1,658 Posts
According to pictures on Rock Auto, there are 3 ports on that block. The top one appears to be larger than the two on the bottom.

As @Blackberry mentions, larger AC lines are for gas and they're the low pressure lines. Smaller AC lines are for liquid and they're the high pressure lines.

As @Satito mentions, anytime you break open the AC system, start with having the refrigerant recovered properly, do the work to replace the components, then have it recharged correctly (vacuum, refrigerant, oil as needed). While it's open is the time to replace sketchy parts, not after you've had it recharged only to find something else failing.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Unless I'm mistaken, the "discharge hose" is the liquid line, which makes it a high-pressure hose. It'll be smaller than the "suction hose", which us the larger hose with gas and lower pressure.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Just a note. If it's leaking from the rubber hose you may want to consider replacing both as the other is likely not far behind. Absolutely do not forget to replace the drier unit on the system and make sure a vacuum is pulled on the system before refilling.
Don't turn aside from this sage counsel, either!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts