Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are having problems starting the SUV here or there. It doesn't appear to be a starter problem, as that turns fine. So we want to look at the gas filter.

Can someone explain to me where it is?

Thanx.

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
Come on Allen, you know it's right over the rear muffler bearing on that inverted t-bracket!
doodlebug1. just messin' with you but there is no fuel filter on an 08 like Allen said. Take a pic for us.

·
Premium Member
8,542 Posts
Is it just cranking and not starting? Because I am thinking it is IPDM/ECU-ish

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am actually having the problem where it just cranks and wont start for about 3-5 seconds, but only when its been sitting over night, and its freezing cold out. Never had this problem with a newer vehicle in the past?

I used to have an 03 explorer that always started up on the first try, until it hit 150k. Then I bought my X (a monthish ago) and have been having this problem since. I want to take it to the dealer but I called him about it and he started telling me I am going to be charged! Not happy!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am actually having the problem where it just cranks and wont start for about 3-5 seconds, but only when its been sitting over night, and its freezing cold out. Never had this problem with a newer vehicle in the past?

I used to have an 03 explorer that always started up on the first try, until it hit 150k. Then I bought my X (a monthish ago) and have been having this problem since. I want to take it to the dealer but I called him about it and he started telling me I am going to be charged! Not happy!
I’m sure you figured it out by now but for future people searching for this problem, I just had the same exact issue and it was a cylinder 3 coil pack replaced it and runs great!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts