Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been looking everywhere for a 2" leveling kit for my 04 X SE SC...has anyone here had any luck finding them anywhere? I have already checked ot most of the popular 4wheel parts store and shops but they weren't able to help me. All they mainly do are Jeeps and toyotas nowadays...

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
been looking everywhere for a 2" leveling kit for my 04 X SE SC...has anyone here had any luck finding them anywhere? I have already checked ot most of the popular 4wheel parts store and shops but they weren't able to help me. All they mainly do are Jeeps and toyotas nowadays...
Check Out Our Website www.4x4parts.com

·
Registered
457 Posts
Leveling kits go on top of coilovers, right? And our first gens don't have those. So no leveling kit options.

BUT you can crank your torsion bars a bit (search pml) or a body lift is pretty cheap is you piece it together yourself

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
already had my torsion bar checked and it is at its max according to the shop I took it into. I guess i'll start looking into body lifts. Thanks

·
Sage Mentor/Moderator
12,216 Posts
already had my torsion bar checked and it is at its max according to the shop I took it into. I guess i'll start looking into body lifts. Thanks
IF they are right, THEN you are level.

If you are not level, then, they were incorrect.

Note: The truck WORKS BETTER with the nose ~ 1.5" lower than the butt....its supposed to have a nose down rake.

Leveling it is for Newbs who don't know better.

That said, go to the from upper control arms (UCA), and look at the rubber dome under the UCA.

Measure how much room there is between the bottom of the UCA, and the top of the rubber dome (The upper bump stop).

You might have to pass something between them as a feeler guage to get a good measurement.

Measure the rig, from the bottoms of the steps to the ground, at all four ends of the steps.

Check the tire pressure at all four tires, and make sure the tires all match.

Report back on those measurements.

:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts