Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, been thinking about put on some wheel spacers to give my X a more aggressive look. I was just wondering what width spacers fit the X best and perform best? I don't want to have to trim the lug nuts on mine, so which ones would you all recommend?:aufkopfhauen-big:

·
Fishing Guru
596 Posts
dont do it. most often its ok but i have had a few friends have issues with them. mostly replacing bolt studs from wheeling. I think the only reason u should use spacers is if your wheels wont clear the calipers.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I run spacers on my X...I highly recommend them. I wanted a wider stance without replacing my SC rims. I have a thread on here some where with before and after pics. I have 1.5" spacers, no need to cut the stock bolts. They were extremely simple, Take off rim, put on spacer with some lock tight, put on rim with the new lug bolts. I wouldnt reccomend going over 1.5", got mine off ebay for 150 shipped.

·
Registered
6,737 Posts
i had 1.5" spacers on aftermarket wheels for a while....they are nice as long as they are installed properly....the first time i put them on i torqued them properly and never had an issue (besides failing NJ inspection).....after i did a brake job, however, i was in a rush and just torqued the lugs with a ratchet....200 miles later my wheel fell off at 30MPH coming to an intersection

if you DO get them, get the adapter style that have their own wheel studs pressed in and not just the actual 'disk spacer' style....any make sure you torque them properly

·
Super Moderator
8,196 Posts
x2 on what baf6 said

also, a lil thread lock on the studs wont hurt

edit- i runs 1.5" spacers on stock nissan wheels

·
Registered
251 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Not to jack the thread, but....
Ricer,
What purpose do the Ball Joint spacers serve? Is it just to gain the .5 inch lift in the front? I noticed you listed them in your sig.

·
Sage Mentor/Moderator
12,216 Posts
Hey all, been thinking about put on some wheel spacers to give my X a more aggressive look. I was just wondering what width spacers fit the X best and perform best? I don't want to have to trim the lug nuts on mine, so which ones would you all recommend?:aufkopfhauen-big:
The flat plate designs that you capture between the hub and rim are dangerous, as your bolts are not long enough to seat properly with a spacer, etc.

The new designs that bolt to the hub (Use torque wrench and lok-tite), and then the rim bolts to them, are fine, if you install them properly.

They will make it so you can't fit larger tires, as on our IFS, the wider arc the spaced tire swings through hits more stuff.

So you need to keep to smaller tires, or, trim more plastic and/or sheet metal, etc.

As spacers are ~ $50 each or so, and so are cheap rims, you could also just get new rims with less backspacing.

ALL a spacer is doing is reducing your backspacing...so, consider just getting a rim with the BS you wanted.

The factory BS is 5.5", and the less BS than that, the more tire rub...just making sure that part is clear.

:wink-big:

·
Registered
251 Posts
here are some pics of the spacers with stock rims

before

after

·
Super Moderator
8,196 Posts
noxious, i sent you a pm

1 - 16 of 16 Posts