Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck has random bouts of overheating in which ive traced to the headgaskets leaking externally. Getting new headgaskets if my tax return comes some time this year lol. But there wont be enough for new heads or getting them re done. Of all the times its over heated i dont think ive let it get all the way to the h though its been close and everytime its happend ive taken it a bit easyer on it and let it cool and if i had to drive id turn the heat on and monitor the temp guage didnt go over 3 quarters and if it did i would immeditally shut it down. Should i be worried about the heads? Doesnt burn any oil doesnt smoke well in the morning it does if you rev it but i think thats just from wear and tear.

· Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After all this work i think ill be alright. Getting new center link tie rods etc just got new brakes getting new tbelt kit new distributor bearing possibly new rad or electric fan conversion and head gaskets. along with oil pan and rear main valver cover gaskets pretty much all the seals. Ive got all the parts minus the tbelt kit and the head gaskets which ill also get new studs for since its recommended. Should i be replacing anything else? Getting it ready for my schooling trying to reduce the risk of error during my schooling.

· Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i don't really have the money for that. But my father works at a propeller shop/machine shop they are all payed well so I never even bothered to ask my dad how much since it's the only shop around. But they told him he can just bring them in and do it on his time off for nothing. Works for me lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.