Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a dumb question but Does any one know what the biggest tires I can fit under a 2001 xterra without a lift just stock?

·
Sage Mentor/Moderator
12,216 Posts
This might be a dumb question but Does any one know what the biggest tires I can fit under a 2001 xterra without a lift just stock?
Since a lift doesn't make room for larger tires, except at ride height...it doesn't matter if you have one or not if you are going to off road it where wheel travel is required...the same maximum size will fit.

If you have 15" rims, that's a 32x11.5/15

If you have 16" rims, that's a 265/75/16.

The 2000 - 2001 have some soft plastic wheel well plastic that the tire can hit on turns/full compression, but you can snip off the parts that hit, if you want to with a razor knife or scissors, etc.

It's in the well, so it doesn't really show.

So, did you want larger tires to improve off road ability?

>:D

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have one I pieced together through the diy thread. All hardware and pucks are brand new and never used. Shoot me an offer if your intrested and want it.

·
Sage Mentor/Moderator
12,216 Posts
PS - I changed the subject title from:

?

Which doesn't tell anyone anything about your post, and, is a bad way to title a thread...

To something that describes the question.

>:D

AND, all the BL are EITHER made by Performance Accessories, and SOLD under various private labels, such as from 4x4parts.com,

OR

Made yourself, ordering the parts separately from supply places and piecing it all together, usually for about $100, to save ~ $100 - $125 or so.

Complete Kit, order and install:

http://www.4x4parts.com/i-18981323-xterra-2-inch-body-lift.html

For ~ $225

Or, get one someone else put together...and decided to go another way/wrecked the rig or sold it, etc.

·
Registered
816 Posts
47" Super Swampers will fit with a little trimming.

BWAAHAHAHA

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just did 3" suspension lift. Stock tires are 265/75r16. I have more clearance between tire and fender well, why can't I go to a 285 tire? Where will it rub? How bad will it rub?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Just did 3" suspension lift. Stock tires are 265/75r16. I have more clearance between tire and fender well, why can't I go to a 285 tire? Where will it rub? How bad will it rub?
Yes you could run a 285,as long as you never flex.

·
Sage Mentor/Moderator
12,216 Posts

The added room will go where your lap goes when you stand up...if you turn, brake corner or go over a bump, etc.

:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts