Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Recently my car got totaled and I am in the market for another car. I found a 2010 XTerra online and was thinking about going to take a look at it. It is the base model I believe and has about 155,000 miles on it. I believe it has only had 2 owners in its life... Is there anything that I should look at specifically when going to see it? Any questions or information that I should gather from the previous owner?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to mention the asking price was 6,995.00. Not sure if this is a good price or not. VIN is: 5N1AN0NW7AC505337. I dont have carfax so I have no idea how to look this up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry I’m late and don’t know much about these trucks either.
I think we came to the wrong site for advice.
I ran the vin on a few free sites like vincheck.info and im not see accidents plus it does look like a 2 owner
KBB values it $8k to $13k so the price doesn’t seem too bad.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi folks,

Recently my car got totaled and I am in the market for another car. I found a 2010 XTerra online and was thinking about going to take a look at it. It is the base model I believe and has about 155,000 miles on it. I believe it has only had 2 owners in its life... Is there anything that I should look at specifically when going to see it? Any questions or information that I should gather from the previous owner?

Thanks
For 2 owners that sounds a bit high - I would find one that has a single owner that can show you the service records. Look for regular oil changes, every 3k - a clean engine with high miles can be a great deal ca a lower mileage one that has poorly maintained. I have 250k on my 2005, I can tell you everything about the car and have had the oil changed every 3k. My mechanic was blown away by how “mechanically clean” my engine was - especially for a car with 250k on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts