Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been doing a lot of looking around on this question and havent found many answers, so i figured i would create an account and see what the veterans had to say. Ive removed the front mud flaps and am going to remove the step bars, should the rear plastic piece that has the rear mudflaps and wraps around the back-end to the bumper be removed? If so, what can be done to make it look better afterwards? Ive heard a few people say to remove the rear sway bar for extra mobility in the suspension, what do you guys think? What else should be removed?

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 3.3L AT
9,141 Posts
Depends on what you plan on using it for and what mods you have planned.

That being said the rear sway bar has a nasty habit of hitting and damaging the rear shocks when used offroad, I know of no one who could tell it had been removed including me.

The step bars are very flimsy and usually end up getting bent back into a wheel and forcing you to pry them out so they often get removed.

As far as the front mud guards and the rear bumper caps there is really no reason to remove them and the fronts help to stop the spray of mud off the tires into the cabin.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts