Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2012 Xterra PRO-4X 78K miles (stock for now)
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Not really a repair question but I could not find a better forum to ask this. I bought this 2012 Xterra online and I dont even have it yet (pick it up Wednesday) But in the pictures I noticed a little button on the side of the shifter. I looked into the owners manual I downloaded offline but I can not find what this does in the manual.

I am guessing it is an overdrive button maybe? Can someone please tell me?

Curiosity is killing me (and waiting on my RIG)

Thanks in advance. ~Hutch

· Registered
2015 Xterra Pro-4X
2,706 Posts
Hello all. Not really a repair question but I could not find a better forum to ask this. I bought this 2012 Xterra online and I dont even have it yet (pick it up Wednesday) But in the pictures I noticed a little button on the side of the shifter. I looked into the owners manual I downloaded offline but I can not find what this does in the manual.

I am guessing it is an overdrive button maybe? Can someone please tell me?

Curiosity is killing me (and waiting on my RIG)

Thanks in advance. ~Hutch

View attachment 80824
Yes it turns the overdrive on and off. You should see a dash light come on and off for "O/D Off"

· Registered
2012 Xterra PRO-4X 78K miles (stock for now)
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it turns the overdrive on and off. You should see a dash light come on and off for "O/D Off"

Thank you XT2015 ! I figured that is what it was. I am sure I would have figured it out when I pick the X up Wednesday but it was driving me crazy. I am sure they have a name for my condition LOL

~Hutch

· Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
3,220 Posts
Overdrive is "on" upon starting the engine. This button turns it off if you want to keep the tranny from dropping into OD at high speed.
It never hurts to validate what someone says...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts