Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to build some DIY bumper but I need to buy another support. This one has seen some better days. Not sure if it's literally called front bumper support or if it's something else I can't seem to find it. It bolts on so its not connected to the whole entire frame.

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
2,733 Posts
That's actually the bumper itself. There's a skin that goes over it to make it "pretty" and to help direct air flow, which you've already removed.

There should be two heavy brackets that secure to the frame horn with 2 bolts each and to the bumper at the top of the brackets with 2 bolts each. You'll probably need an impact wrench to remove them or a long cheater bar.

·
Registered
Xterra SE 4x4 V6 NA
181 Posts
You must live in a salty environment because that's a lot of corrosion. You should also inspect the area of the frame where the bumper bolts on to make sure the supports have not been compromised.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You must live in a salty environment because that's a lot of corrosion. You should also inspect the area of the frame where the bumper bolts on to make sure the supports have not been compromised.
I also ripped half of it off removing the “bumper skin” I knew I was going to replace it and I didn’t feel like messing with rusty bolts. But yeah it was an Ohio car. That’s the worst of it though, frame is still pretty solid and I’m getting a calmini 3” lift on it soon too so most of the rusty suspension Is getting replaced

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's actually the bumper itself. There's a skin that goes over it to make it "pretty" and to help direct air flow, which you've already removed.

There should be two heavy brackets that secure to the frame horn with 2 bolts each and to the bumper at the top of the brackets with 2 bolts each. You'll probably need an impact wrench to remove them or a long cheater bar.
View attachment 80111
View attachment 80112
Thank you I appreciate it

·
Registered
2015 Xterra Pro-4X
2,151 Posts
I am going to build some DIY bumper but I need to buy another support. This one has seen some better days. Not sure if it's literally called front bumper support or if it's something else I can't seem to find it. It bolts on so its not connected to the whole entire frame.
View attachment 80110
OEM '01-'04 Nissan Xterra Front Bumper Center Inner Support - WD22 Parts - Z1 Off-Road - Performance OEM and Aftermarket Engineered Parts Global Leader Nissan Truck & SUV (z1offroad.com)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts