Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
My first '01 X had 265/75-16 tires on the stock alloy rims. They were BFG K0s (installed by previous owner) and he did slightly trim plastics to fit (not positive if he needed to).

My current '01 X has 245/75-16 tires on the same stock alloy rims. These are Goodyear Duratrac MTs and they fit great... no alterations needed. Fill in the wheel wells nicely.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
265 / 75 R 16 for 16 inch rims

32 x 11.50 R 15 for 15 inch rims.

If you go to a 33" tire, you need a 2" body lift.

You may have to trim small amounts of plastic inside the wheel well, but nothing cosmetic or visible. there is just a small rib behind the mud flap that can scrape. Snipping it with pliers or a dremel makes quick work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey guys I just got me some 245-75-16 wich are the same OD as OEM size but on 4.5'' of back spacing wheels and it's rubbing a bit on right side (i already remove de long mud flap and cut a bit of the smallest one).
does anyone has an idea about what to check?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey guys I just joined.. I was wondering if I can see some pictures of your first gen trimmed wheel wells. I cannot find one picture on this site or anywhere for that matter of first gen trimmed plastics im looking to put my 31" falken wildpeaks off my toyota pickup right now they rub somthin fierce. also what tool does the cleanest job of cutting?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.