Nissan XTerra Forum banner
10721 - 10728 of 10728 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
2,733 Posts
Replaced both heater hoses, and did so WITHOUT BREAKING the heater core's nipples! (Ordering a mixed drink at my next sit-down dinner!)

Added a brace and padding using old heater and radiator hoses to prevent that thermo valve from vibrating and possibly coming loose, then wired the temperature sensor to the waiting switch inside.

Wired up the fan to the waiting relay output using a WeatherPack connector. If you check out my build thread (see post above for link), there's more detail and pics.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Ordered the 5 PCV hoses. Ouch! Not sure when they'll get here, so I'll finish buttoning up the X tomorrow and start driving it with the old hoses. It's already too hot/humid today at 92F and dew point of 75F. Even in the shade I sweat while sitting down!

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Ordered the 5 PCV hoses. Ouch! Not sure when they'll get here, so I'll finish buttoning up the X tomorrow and start driving it with the old hoses. It's already too hot/humid today at 92F and dew point of 75F. Even in the shade I sweat while sitting down!
The place I ordered them from said that 1 of the 5 hoses is the wrong part, they can't edit the order, and they won't fulfill the order since "their system" says it's the wrong part. So I've requested a full refund and will find them somewhere else. Thanks for wasting 2 days when I'm on vacation and could have gotten them installed!

·
Premium Member
2006 Nissan Xterra, 3" lift, full armor
509 Posts
10721 - 10728 of 10728 Posts