Nissan XTerra Forum banner
10541 - 10548 of 10548 Posts

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Today, I went ahead and ordered rock sliders from the same guys doing my rear bumper, may as well get it all done and out of the way now. Going to put all this crap on a non moving X since I still need to swap the trans out of my donor cadaver :p

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
1,367 Posts
Yesterday (Saturday for future readers ;)), 3 other buddies and I went to Interlake SRA in Lynnville, IN. My 2004 X with a buddy/navigator, and a 1995 Explorer 4.0L 5-speed manual and his buddy/navigator. (Hey, at least it has an 'x' in the name, eh?)

On the trails I was using an Inclinometer app on my phone stuck to my dash with a magnet. Not the best solution, but without a dedicated unit, it was better than nothing. In several it showed a sideways tilt of about 18°, and those definitely caused both of us to pucker! Most of the hills showed up/down in the lower teens, but one particular "challenge" hill that was slightly more difficult than the easy zig-zag path showed 22-23° ascending the far side. No pucker on that, but we were both glad we weren't sideways on it!

3rd time off-roading in my life. I think I'm hooked. :)

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 3.3L AT
9,781 Posts
I hate off camber stuff but it get easier as you get used to it. Wait till you see numbers at 30 degrees plus. 😬

Wheels with better offset definitely help, tremendously like night and day better. This is 26 degrees on stock 5.5” backspace wheels this was not fun. Note Xterror04 getting ready to use his superpowers to catch my truck if it flops.

Changed to 4.75” backspacing and 30 degrees is a bit sketchy but nothing like above. Really need to be at 4.5” or lower but I don’t want to cut that much metal on the front.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Whoa, that's really leanin'!

The only way I plan to see 30 degrees in my rig is in the winter for the Farenheit crew, or summer for the Celsius crew. That little bit of 18° that made me pucker could've been more or less by a couple degrees, but nothing near 26!

It's good to have buddies with super powers. I see that you also had friends in the stands waiting for photo ops to share and/or embarrass you with. :)

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Made holes for Diode Dynamics SS3 Sport white fog lights that will be aux reverse lights, or switchable separately for activities behind the rig. The lights are just resting in the opening until I finish the job.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Took her in for battery test at Oriellys, they actually could test thr alternator and starter at the same time, which I didn't know they could do. Debating and researching where to find door hinges cause they are slowly sliding off or feel like I have to give them a little extra push to close them. Reading more threads on here looking for full write ups on powersteering and coolant flushes.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Saturday (yesterday), met @KyTerra and watched him pop off some rounds at the gun range. Picked up a set of OEM manual hubs in case my auto-lockers take a dive.

Thank you, sir! It was a pleasure meeting you, seeing your rig, and just chewing the fat in general. I haven't seen a BL before and I like it.

10541 - 10548 of 10548 Posts