Nissan XTerra Forum banner
10521 - 10540 of 10548 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Found an X in the junkyard that was odd- SE, MANUAL doors, Rockford Fosgate system, 2wd Trailer package, basic seats (no knobs, power anything) I need to see if my X has the wiring in it for the amp and sub... I also found a 2001 Fronty that had locking hubs. Took them, as well. 4cyl truck, FWIW... (black lockouts)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yeah, my sig line fits here... Glad to see that you got it straightened out!

·
Brooklyn br0
'01XE 4x4 3.3AT Locked SAS 35's
3,169 Posts
Ha ha,

That Tie-Rod was pushed up against the diff cover and I turned it over so I could continue to drive it.

I tried to straighten it out with a bottle jack:

Ya can't straighten 1/4" wall DOM tube like dat ya idiot...

Anyways I hit something else later on in the day that kinda straightened out the toe enough to drive home but needed to double up on the jam nuts to keep the heims from backing out.

I ordered a replacement from Ruff Stuff Specialties] and Dave from Bandit4X4 welded it up for me (thanks Dave). Swapped it in on Labor Day.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Bit of a long post, but my cousin in NYC thought his hybrid Volvo could go through 3 foot of water after IDA flooded his neighborhood. Well lucky it is hybrid and the electric kicked in cause he sucked up so much water into the engine it hydro-locked. SO!!! what I did to my Xterra today was ordered a snorkel so I don't ever have to experience such a disaster!!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Make DAMN sure to seal the elbow to airfilter housing connection!!!!!!!!!
I also used the $139 Ebay special for a Navarra, 9 inch piece of 3" exhaust tubing and a 3" silicone elbow, cut way down to fit over the airbox. I cut off almost of the the straight part that went on the airbox, and then siliconed the ever-loving sh*t out of the area.

Reactions: DickyDck

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Make DAMN sure to seal the elbow to airfilter housing connection!!!!!!!!!
I also used the $139 Ebay special for a Navarra, 9 inch piece of 3" exhaust tubing and a 3" silicone elbow, cut way down to fit over the airbox. I cut off almost of the the straight part that went on the airbox, and then siliconed the ever-loving sh*t out of the area.
I'm grabbing the same thing! Navarra parts!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hit me up if you have any questions... I can post some pictures tomorrow.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Looking forward to pictures... I'ma getting ready to start butchering, er, bending tube to make my own. I need to learn how to use my new, but haven't ever used it, tubing bender at some point, right? o_O

Reactions: DickyDck

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Looking forward to pictures... I'ma getting ready to start butchering, er, bending tube to make my own. I need to learn how to use my new, but haven't ever used it, tubing bender at some point, right? o_O
Dooooo Eeeetttt!!!!! The first few projects always come out a bit weird, but practice makes perfect!!!

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
1,367 Posts
Notching: Putting a curved cut into the side of a pipe so it'll fit snugly with little or no gap. It's kinda like when I worked as a finish carpenter and had to miter the trim, only that was 2D and notching is 3D.

10521 - 10540 of 10548 Posts