Nissan XTerra Forum banner

10461 - 10476 of 10476 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yeah, I'm used to doing the cable thing, but this particular phone doesn't want to play nice. I'll try Emailing them to myself and see what happens.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I came home to find that my head to manifold gaskets had finally made it. Woo-hoo! Time to "fix" the exhaust system...
My phone is an old Samsung S5.

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Xterra, 4x4 S/C
292 Posts
Swapped winter tires for the summers; I must say, the BFG KO2 33s look much nicer on the truck vs my winters! (winters are Nokian 32s, smaller so I have clearance for chains)

Front brake service, new pads, fresh bleed. Replaced busted upper ball joint on the 3" lift UCAs. Also put on some Energy Suspension front shock upper strut bushings, hopefully no squeaks.

Also just noticed that the shock mount bracket on my LCAs is CRACKED. F&%($$%k. So looks like I'll be spending more time wrenching soon... gonna see if I can weld it up, otherwise it's a major PITA trying to removed the LCAs, then would need to reindex torsion bars, get an alignment... ugh.

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 3.3L AT
9,627 Posts
Swapped winter tires for the summers; I must say, the BFG KO2 33s look much nicer on the truck vs my winters! (winters are Nokian 32s, smaller so I have clearance for chains)

Front brake service, new pads, fresh bleed. Replaced busted upper ball joint on the 3" lift UCAs. Also put on some Energy Suspension front shock upper strut bushings, hopefully no squeaks.

Also just noticed that the shock mount bracket on my LCAs is CRACKED. F&%($$%k. So looks like I'll be spending more time wrenching soon... gonna see if I can weld it up, otherwise it's a major PITA trying to removed the LCAs, then would need to reindex torsion bars, get an alignment... ugh.

View attachment 77115
Don’t weld them they are known for cracking it’s a sign that it’s time for a new set. Pulling them, re-indexing the Tbars, and an alignment are easy compared to repairing a failed LCA on a trail.

I feel your pain there is a set in my near future.:confused:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yeah, get ready for some fun times with the spline bolts most likely NOT wanting to come loose/out of the arm or bushing. You also might want to check the UCA, as well...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well, today I got the 2" B/L done, other than the rear bumper center section (needs new holes drilled in it) raising the front bumper and the brushguard to match. Man, I am appreciating the factory steps after this, and the 33" inch Dick Cepek "Extreme Country" tires that I slapped on it.
New Xterra 1.jpg

Reactions: MeToo

·
Registered
78 Posts
Bloody Hell! I think that I finally figured out the "picture" thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
And, the MUCH dreaded "header install" (SO much easier with a body lift, AND, the entirety of the REST of the exhaust system... WHAT "cats"?
Driver side Header (lower).jpg
Pass side Header (lower).jpg
Head Pipe.jpg
H pipe.jpg
Tail Pipe.jpg

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
1,021 Posts
I see that you're half done with improving your headlight output. Any plans to continue?

·
Registered
78 Posts
LOL. There's one in every crowd...
group photo.jpg

The "bolts" in the middle of the bumper are for the lightbar to go back on to. I'm having to seal it better than the factory did. Water got inside...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well, I just hit paydirt at the local junkyard- 2001 Xterra with 4wd, 5spd. $200 gets me EVERYTHING to swap over to 4wd from Auto 2wd. Ought to be entertaining to see what kind of ECU issues I end up with, along with the work arounds for said issues. I also REMOVED and file 13'd the ABS module, since has been causing the brakes to stay partially applied, like slowing down from 75 to around 40 in about 60yds, while going DOWN hill. Rear brake line has enough slack to reach the master cyl port, but, it is no longer in the plastic clips to hold it in place. The front lines needed a "Bubble" style "T" to connect, along with some "crunch in to place" line re-routing...
FUCK ABS.jpg

·
Registered
78 Posts
I also found the factory cargo cover. Did you know that a 33x12.50x15 tire will fit under the cover fairly easily?
Cargo cover 2.jpg
Caego cover 1.jpg

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well, today I got the aux. reverse lights installed. Took about 30 minutes roughly to pull the skirts, mark cutout (ABSOLUTELY love my Roto-Zip saw!!!!! :love:) bolt them in and put the skirts back on. I'll get them wired to the switch above the radio sometime this week, hopefully. My soldering iron decide to quit working after I dropped it on concrete yesterday.

Attachments

10461 - 10476 of 10476 Posts