Nissan XTerra Forum banner

10421 - 10430 of 10430 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Had to remove my 1st gen AC rear bumper / tire carrier in order to truss, straighten out, fix broken welds/cracks around the receiver hitch....5000 lb rated class III my butt. Beware, hitch is not braced or trussed worth a shit.

·
Registered
2000 4wd 3.3L AT
5 Posts
Had to remove my 1st gen AC rear bumper / tire carrier in order to truss, straighten out, fix broken welds/cracks around the receiver hitch....5000 lb rated class III my butt. Beware, hitch is not braced or trussed worth a shit.
Yea I do not trust that at all. All my bolts have surface rust. I’m not towing anything.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hmm. Thats odd because ive hauled all kinds of things with my X. Even pulled a 2012 chevy cruze on a dolly with no issues. But definitely something I will look in to

·
Registered
94 Posts
03x, I'm talking about the automotive customizers (AC) aftermarket bumper. I never had any issues w/the stock setup...seems well engineered.

·
Registered
2001 Xterra se
7 Posts
I posted these pics in my thread but few looked at it so here they are again. All my alternator bolts were broken off in that crazy heavy bracket so.....
drilled it out to 21/64th and...
bam! One bolt straight thru. Take that rust! Also took this amazing opportunity to gut all the AC stuff as it has never worked, without the condenser, lines and radiator there anymore there's alot of room to work. One less belt and bracket.

·
Registered
1994 Long bed truck; 2000 SE Xterra
8 Posts
Replaced the fuel filter on my 2000 last night. The fuel line was deteriorated horribly, so I replaced it with some fuel line from a spool that I already had. Did fine in the garage, but it ruptured going down the road and left me stranded. Going out to the auto parts stores soon to try and find a high-pressure line to replace the busted one with.

Just a comment: I really liked how the Nissan Hardbody had the fuel filter conveniently located in the engine bay. The Frontiers and Xterras are really difficult to access if you don't have a vehicle lift, and the gasoline pours all over your face while changing the filter even if you try draining the fuel by running the engine with the fuel pump fuse pulled because the filter is located below the top of the fuel tank. It just drains all over you. Hose clamps help, but not if you have to replace the hose.

10421 - 10430 of 10430 Posts