Nissan XTerra Forum banner

10381 - 10393 of 10393 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Got new exhaust (Doug Thorley header, Walker y pipe, and Magnaflow muffler) and replaced the rear main seal and seal housing. Fun!

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
well not today but this week, wash, claybar polished and waxed er, tire rotation and oil change

·
Registered
10 Posts
I poked around about the smoke coming from the tail pipe. I can't tell if it's oil or coolant yet. I'll need to do additional testing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ordered a new Hitachi MAF0025 Mass Air Flow Sensor. I have a feeling my current one is going bad or dirty. Amazon had it for 78 bucks. It's winter and cleaning the original 17-year-old part isn't the best idea. I got the full assembled one and they're made in Japan, not Mexico, which is plus. I will clean the original one this spring and keep it as a backup.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Recently purchased an 04 Xterra 3.3 liter se supercharged with only 104,xxx miles. Dealer said there were only 4 available for sale in the entire US... Adjusted torsion bars to get an extra half inch of front end lift. Ordered some bilstein 5100 shocks for front and rear. Ordered an adjustable leaf spring shackle for a rear lift. (Can't wait to install!)
Only down side is the knock sensor code bank 1 circuit input high is being thrown. Was thinking about relocating it, but to my research that sounds like it will not truly perform as designed. Just gets rid of the SES light.

·
Registered
703 Posts
It is usually relocated on the Normally Aspirated models (Or ignored outright) because it doesn't really do anything other than alert you to a knock since we don't have variable timing. It does however, do something on the SuperCharged models and a bad knock sensor can drop you into limp mode. On a SC I would simply replace it and keep it where it is so that it can do it's job properly. Others who actually have an SC (mine is not) may chime in to correct me on this.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ordered new upper and lower ball joints, the lowers need replacing bad. Hopefully I can do a bunch with my front end in coming weeks, have had new axles sitting in the garage waiting for a reason to go in, gotta adjust a tie rod to fix my front drivers side wheel, and then somehow get my stripped fill plug off my front diff and ill be able to finally take this thing off road!

10381 - 10393 of 10393 Posts