Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Xterra se
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my Xterra is mad at me. In park and neutral the Roma shoot way up when I just crankn it over and then again if I touch the throttle(in video) also when it warms up in park and neutral it makes a sputter and pop sound. Any advice guys?
Hi

·
Registered
2001 Xterra se
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats the old plug in for my AC that i removed. I usually tuck it up somewhere but I had just finished doing the resonator delete. Anyway ok I'll definitely take a look for some cracks. Thanks again for the info. You are a constant fountain of help racerx. Much appreciated.

·
Administrator
2000 Xterra XE 4x4 3.3L AT
9,092 Posts
Anytime just sounds like it lean hanging, basically an air leak causing a lean condition. I see you have a resonator delete that’s why I say tube as the plugs stress the rubber on the tube. 2” BL is Hard on that tube as well due to added strain. That and most of these tubes on Gen1 trucks are approaching 20 years in age. Mine gave up the ghost somewhere around 2012 due to age and the BL.

·
Registered
2001 Xterra se
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The guy i bought mine off a guy who only took care of maintenance when it turn into a problem so with my constant modding and tinkering I would expect something to crack adventually

1 - 5 of 5 Posts