Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at the weathertech floor liners or the all-weather digital fit mats for my new '11 Pro 4X.

Can anyone comment on these?

Good? Bad?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a set of black ones in my '10 S. I'm very happy with them. They fit perfectly, function well, and look good installed. I also had a set in my Frontier and I liked them as well. I was just looking at how dirty mine are and thinking that all of that crap would be ground into my carpet if I didn't have them.

They are expensive, but worth it in the long run IMO.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I got the heavy duty rubber mats I picked up at wal-mart for 15 smackers and honestly they're the best floor mats I could of owned, they're deep so if you spill just take out and dump out, I spilled an entire large ocean water (drink name) from sonics on it and nothing got on the carpet. Plus they look cool.
I don't want to turn you off on the weather tec but I'm just sayin before you spend the extra cash.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The universal ones don't fit nearly good enough, don't have the same type of coverage, and therefore are more prone to spilling/leaking onto the carpet. I've had quite a few sets of them over the years. You got lucky...

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a set that I'm selling. The sides didn't really stop water from running of the sides. Both in the front and the rear. That's my only complaint about them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I can't comment on Weathertech. I bought Nissan winter floor mats from these guys on ebay. Driver side has the two hook holes. P/N indicates the earlier supplier but fit great in my 2011 Pro 4X.

Scott

·
Registered
443 Posts
My dad has weathertech mats in his ridgeline, they seem pretty good. But I don't know if the mats in my back seat are the ones that come with the truck or what but they are seriously the best mats I wish they came in the front.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a set that I'm selling. The sides didn't really stop water from running of the sides. Both in the front and the rear. That's my only complaint about them.
What side? They are designed to channel water out towards the doors.

I will say that I like the fit of my front mats better than the rear one. It gets the job done. but it doesn't have the precise fit that the front ones do.

·
Registered
83 Posts
What side? They are designed to channel water out towards the doors.

I will say that I like the fit of my front mats better than the rear one. It gets the job done. but it doesn't have the precise fit that the front ones do.
On the front ones, the water, salt etc runs out onto the door sill and into where the rubber weatherstripping is. If its salt water, it leaves a white residue on the door sill which annoys me LOL On the rear ones, the water just runs off onto the carpet underneath.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Its designed like that for if it gets really soaked and the water needs to be channeled somewhere. You must get yours pretty wet, I don't have that issue with mine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have to agree with vac23, the whole reason I have the winter mats is to keep the water contained until I dump them out, especially salty water. The Nissan mats are great this way. I had the mats for 9 years in my pathfinder and they were great. On getting my X, I immediately ordered a set. The double hook is slightly harder to dump, but it's worth while getting the water out in the winter to minimize freezing/frosting up on the inside of the windshield.

As a duck hunter launching and recovering small trailer-ed boats I do get lots of water on the drivers mat. The seat gets a vinyl seat cover and I climb in with soaking wet neoprene waders on when pulling the boat out. It's not uncommon to pick up close to a 1/2 cup of water on the mat.

Scott

·
Registered
29 Posts
ok kinda on the same thread... i know the 1st gen has the option for the vinyl or plastic floor liner insted of the carpet does any one have this o there X nissan cant get me a part number or order it unless i have thme a vin of an x that has this liner and im tired of shampooing my carpets! please help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
2001 pro 4x

I put a set in my 2011 Pro 4x....they fit great! Get the grey ones and they will match the interior pretty well...and you only really need the front set.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I put a set in my 2011 Pro 4x....they fit great! Get the grey ones and they will match the interior pretty well...and you only really need the front set.
do they replace the carpet or just go over it... cuz i cont the carpet gone! thats way i dont need to worrie about mud and clay staining it PLUS when i go through deep water and it comes inside the truck it just soaks the carpet and doesnt dry! THANX

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 08 and ordered these front and rear. The front ones are a perfect fit and do channel water out the door. I love this, you could hose them out in the vehicle if you were careful.

The rear ones are junk, with gaps at the tranny tunnell and in front of the seat bases. Where they could flow down and out at the door, they go up into the air as if to trip you as you get in. After 3 calls to Customer Service I found out they are designed to fit the Pathfinder and the Xterra. They must fit the Pathfinder a helluva lot better.

The company was very nice about taking them back and refunding my money.

Anybody have any experience with Husky Liners for the rear? I've had them before and I don;t like them as much as the Weathertechs but the fit was very good.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I got mine really cheap from a friend who is a vendor, but the rear one works fine for me. Its not as perfect of a fit as the front, but they must be doing their job because they get very muddy when I go out in the woods with my friends and I've never cleaned my carpet which still looks brand new.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts