Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi dear X lovers. ☺ I am new in your community, and I need some exparianced advice from you about changing transmission oil. I am from Armenia and here I have heard from many drivers that its not adviced to change transmission oil till it brakes. So please say me, is that possible to be problems right after changing the oil.
My X is 2004, 3.3L. I drived 133000 miles.

·
Registered
2003 SE 4x4 V6 100k miles
470 Posts
From my experience and what I’ve heard, draining the oil through the plug and then adding as much back as you get out is safe. But it won’t be that much compared to how much is in there. You can also drop the transmission pan and put a new gasket and filter in, and more oil will come out that way. But with older transmissions flushing the system is a bad idea, or sucking it all back out through the dipstick, because it can knock loose any sort of debris that may be acting like a seal or holding gears/clutches in place. I’d start by draining it through the drain plug and adding a new 4 or so quarts to it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
To tell the truth I have done already, ☺ and beside this I noticed that transmission between 1 and 2 is become softer and little early. When we opened the case it was full of shavings... Concerning that you haven't change it and advice me to do the same, I would say opposite, any oil has date of issue and expiring , and when it passes no meter how you used it ever it will lose it's effectively. I have asked many, and none could say any state argument for what I mustn't change... so thanks a lot :)

·
Registered
2003 SE 4x4 V6 100k miles
470 Posts
Good job changing, don’t listen to that other guy. Just because his transmission hasn’t failed doesn’t mean it’s a good idea to ignore servicing it all together. Very bad advice on his part!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think so, thank you ☺ I have done already, and I feel the real difference before and after...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts