Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! Just bought my 03 x a couple weeks ago. Vg33e, 5speed,4wd. I sold my 03 discovery 2 to buy it. I figured exchanging comfort for reliability was a good choice, you can always do mods to make a truck more comfortable, there's minimal solutions to make a disco reliable past 150k max. Anyway, while waiting for the belt kit and other tune up stuff to arrive I got a complete tan leather interior from an 07 s60r locally for $200. The donor seats looked to have pretty level mounting points, the x does not. Ended up needing to cut out the "tunnel" for front bolts, weld together new feet that would through bolt through the floor with 1.5" wide steel plate backing below the body floor., Front center mounts we're pieces of angle iron welded to body, through bolted and reinforced below. Here's a couple pics, it was a few afternoons of work, extremely comfortable and now have leather, power, and memory fronts, matched the back with a seat cover for now.
22534.jpeg
22536.jpeg

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
They BARELY fit! And need to go all the way to the floor and cut off stock Volvo feet because new seats are taller than X's here's a link to my Dropbox file with some during pics, they were too large to upload, excuse the welds, I'm an electrician, not a welder and it shows, also had to be mindful not to blow out the thinner sheet metal floor pans.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5ctmdmdapeqc9ij/AACRG56f_fU670JUbev1qzVsa?dl=0

1 - 2 of 2 Posts