Nissan XTerra Forum banner

vintage Nissan off road

4K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Hagar 
#1 ·
Any one here into vintage Nissan Off road?

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Ah, you're just showing off...
Beautiful truck bro...beautiful. I'd like to see more off it and some of your other projects.

#10 ·
Nah, just the mechanics. I farm the body and paint out. I'm kind of the low end of the spectrum on the aesthetics. I like picking one up and getting it back to original or pretty close anyway and sending it on and doing another one. that Patrol just went to it's new owner at the Switchback Ranch in Wyoming. I won't do another Patrol, too hard to find parts in this country. Looking forward to tricking out the new Xterra (with a little help from my friends) My Son is into Troopers and FJs.

#13 ·
I'm diggin the 8274 on the front. I had a chance to pick up a second gen Patrol at a used car lot a few years ago, but it was a real rot box so I passed. Always loved the looks of them and the early Toyotas.

#15 ·
Love the old patrol. Its too bad that they never managed to get a foothold in the US, they were great vehicles. not sure why the US market always gets screwed on good cars.

#16 ·
Old school is still cool. I really like the old stuff, that Patrol is awesome! I wasn't really aware of the older Nissan's, resembles an FJ somewhat.

Are those twin stick's for the T-case on the right? Was that stock?

I'm into old Ford 4x4's, working on a '70 Bronco to wheel, and have a '66 as well that I'm trying to keep preserved until I'm smart and rich enough to go full restoration. You got the kiss it goodbye part right, I love the old 4x4's but it's a money pit.

#18 ·
Story is that in the early 70's Nissan agreed with Toyota that Nissan would import the sports cars IE: the 240Z and Toyota could have the 4X4 market. I don't know if that is true but in 1970 they stopped importing the Patrols and toyota had a free run with thier FJs. My son has redone an early FJ and now he is in to old Troopers. If he ever drives this Xterra he will be hooked I think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.