Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did the valve cover gaskets on a 2003 xterra this weekend and I am wondering about the smaller vacuum lines that come off the back driver side of the block... I am not sure what tubes hook up where and I have a high idle when I start the car. There are 2 that are for sure disconnected right now and they are 2 small metal tubes that are just about touching. Anyone have a diagram or good reference to finding where these all hook up to? Much appreciated

·
Registered
2015 Xterra Pro-4X
1,958 Posts
I just did the valve cover gaskets on a 2003 xterra this weekend and I am wondering about the smaller vacuum lines that come off the back driver side of the block... I am not sure what tubes hook up where and I have a high idle when I start the car. There are 2 that are for sure disconnected right now and they are 2 small metal tubes that are just about touching. Anyone have a diagram or good reference to finding where these all hook up to? Much appreciated
If you do a search for your subject matter on this forum you are sure to find some directly related material that includes pictures. This has been covered in detail in the recent past a number of times.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I assume that you're talking about the two tiny metal tubes that run front to back on the drivers side of the engine over by the EGR? On the normally aspirated only one of the tubes gets used (it can be either one). If memory serves it is used for the vacuum lines on the EGR system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts