Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Have you checjed/cleaned the battery terminals and starter connections.there's probably one of three possible problems. The starter,the battery is bad or the alternator is bad so the battery isn't charging. What's your voltage at the battery?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Voltage is good terminals are tight and starter is brand new it doesn't have any oil leaking onto it a few dash lights come on but it won't give any crank but if I have the code reader plugged it will try to engage the starter solenoid but it won't turn the starter so I'm thinking maybe bad voltage somewhere

·
Registered
808 Posts
Hey I helped. One problem down one to go. I assume it was running before the no crank.My guess is either fuel or spark issue. Are you getting a click from the rear when you turn the key to run? If so the fuel pump is coming on. As for spark, not sure.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey thanks cbxterra I pulled the distributor because I found out that the camshaft position sensor is really down in the distributor I also read in another thread that casting numbers on the bottom have to be the same so I rounding up everything I have pulled and heading to the dealership parts counter I'll let you his know what happens

·
Registered
384 Posts
these machines are old that's why. plus no car uses distributor like that anymore. You don't have to replace the entire distributor. if everything look intact then it's probably just the bearing which can be a 10 buck fix if you do it yourself.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The camshaft sensor went bad can anyone give me an interchange number I guess I'm a little confused on what I'm looking for here

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK guys I got the new distributor when i took my old distributor off I made a relationship mark marking the rotors position I now have the new distributor and I lined it up but my rotor is a just a little bit off the mark like a 16th of an inch do you guys know how I.could make the marks closer together or any advice

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Distributor is in got it lined up with my mark and it still won't start and it's not giving me the p0340 code anymore I'm running out of ideas I'm gonna change the fuel pump and if that doesn't work I'll be taking it to a tech to see what they can figure out

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm still cranking good power with no start the fuel pump is running like it should be would a knock sensor leave this car crippled like it is

1 - 20 of 25 Posts