Nissan XTerra Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
@Blackberry When you said you have to replace gaskets, do you mean all of the gaskets on the engine? Including head gasket and all the oil seals, etc?

@kms1990 Their website shows only a 174K motor sadly
ah man, worth a shot, might call and see if they ahve anything they havent listed. and yeah i am betting thats what blackberrry meant, i had a 96 sentra orginal owner did a complete tear down and rbuild of EVERY gtasket down to the block at 276 miles, then sold it oddly, bought it and it was an exellent car, 107hp sucked but it never had any issues

·
Registered
2000 xterra xe (S/C swapped onto vg33e), headers, electric fan, 2" bl,
2 Posts
You can get JDM motors out of Phoenix, that's where I got mine.

·
Registered
2000 xterra xe (S/C swapped onto vg33e), headers, electric fan, 2" bl,
2 Posts
gotta link to share?
JDM ARIZONA INC. the place seemed kind of sketchy, it was one guy in a warehouse. But they've got a forklift to load it for you and the motor has been fine. I put a supercharger on it and have put maybe 8k miles on it and a cross country trip from AZ to WV hauling a trailer. I think I ended up paying a little over $800 after tax.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I'm leaning towards getting it rebuilt for a little more money. Any used engine just feels like such a gamble to me. Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
326 Posts
I like the dice roll. End up saving a bunch if you win. I’m getting ready to install my supercharger like yeti portal did.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts