Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
My xterra's windshield has cracked twice in the last two years in almost the exact same place. In both cases the crack began below the frit (black enamel band around edge) on the dash. I wouldn't be concerned if I had seen any type of rock chips along the cracks, but I didn't in either case.

I'm wondering if something similar has happened to anyone else and what can be causing it. I have a theory that something is pinching or grinding away at the windshield along the bottom. Anyway, I'll keep replacing that windshield every time (heaven knows I love my xterra:)) but it sure would be nice to figure this out!

Jeremy

·
Silver Submarine
10,979 Posts
Same thing with mine. What i was told was there is rust forming under the windshield around the edge and applying pressure on the windshield crackin it. Take it back to the place and tell them that you have a stress crack in the same place and they should replace it for free. They are supposed to grind out the rust and apply a rust inhibitor so that the rust doesn't come back before they install the new windshield. Mine was replaced for free the second time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts