Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my two inch body lift on my 2000 Nissan Xterra today and have a few questions, there are two brackets located on the middle body mounts. I believe two 14mm boys plus the body mount holds them in place. Do we just discard those brackets as they don't bolt back on with the two inch lift? Also what have you guys been doing with the air box that sits on a bad angle now and doesn't allow the hood to shut?

·
Registered
59 Posts
No no! Those brackets bolt to another bracket on the body (an L-Shaped bracket). You'll need to drop the L-shaped bracket down 2 inches and bolt those on. Don't discard them. They're integral to that body mount location. I took a 3x6" or so flat plate of steel and cut most of it out to make a U-shape, and bolted it to the body and the L-shaped bracket to that.

My airbox didn't have enough of an issue that the hood wouldn't shut. I just loosened my hold-down bolts some and gave it some play and it seemed happy.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Do you happen to have a picture of what you did for those brackets? I'm not quite understanding what you mean.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
There are threads if you search around with pics of what to do with those brackets. Some trucks didn't have them, probably the minority did, so you don't hear a lot about them. You just need to space them 2" with something.

Never heard of the hood issue (it is 2" higher than the engine now). If you loosen the hose and re-adjust it should be fine.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I haven't actually put the hood back on the vehicle yet. It just looked like it would sit a little to high. I will pop the hood on tomorrow and hopefully all is good :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Here's my solution: http://i.imgur.com/QtqK06S.jpg

Most of the kits come with two tabs that come down on each side. I felt like my solution was better because the U-shaped piece shouldn't flex as much as two independent tabs.

That body mount bolt is one of, if not the longest one out of all 5 positions, and it's also the thinnest. I believe it's just an M8 bolt. It also threads into the body directly, unlike 3 of the others that are through-bolted. On top of it all you've just made it 2 inches longer. I think it'd be quite a task to extract a snapped bolt in that location.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's my solution: http://i.imgur.com/QtqK06S.jpg

Most of the kits come with two tabs that come down on each side. I felt like my solution was better because the U-shaped piece shouldn't flex as much as two independent tabs.

That body mount bolt is one of, if not the longest one out of all 5 positions, and it's also the thinnest. I believe it's just an M8 bolt. It also threads into the body directly, unlike 3 of the others that are through-bolted. On top of it all you've just made it 2 inches longer. I think it'd be quite a task to extract a snapped bolt in that location.

Thanks Ryan. I got it figured out. It was very nice of you to take a picture.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts