Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2013 Xterra. About a year ago there was a rattle in the rear trunk door while on a wash board road. I took it in to the dealer and they made some adjustments. That was fine for about 4-5 months when it started happening again. This time it lasted about 3 months. I took it in again an noticed that now I can no longer lower the door and let it fall by gravity to latch, you have to slam it. I have had it looked at and even shown them the issue. All the dealer will do is throw graphite lubricant at it. Last Sunday I pulled up to a red light heard a click. I looked at my dash and sure enough the door ajar light was on. The rear latch had disengaged on its own. I took it in today and got the same old answer, they cannot replicate it so that can't fix it. They won't get reimbursed for the warranty work from Nissan on it. This will be great until I am driving down the freeway and it disengages.

Has anyone else experienced issues with the rear trunk latch like this at all? My Xterra is out of warranty in about 300 miles.

Thanks,
Michael

·
Registered
2 Posts
I own a 2013 Xterra. About a year ago there was a rattle in the rear trunk door while on a wash board road. I took it in to the dealer and they made some adjustments. That was fine for about 4-5 months when it started happening again. This time it lasted about 3 months. I took it in again an noticed that now I can no longer lower the door and let it fall by gravity to latch, you have to slam it. I have had it looked at and even shown them the issue. All the dealer will do is throw graphite lubricant at it. Last Sunday I pulled up to a red light heard a click. I looked at my dash and sure enough the door ajar light was on. The rear latch had disengaged on its own. I took it in today and got the same old answer, they cannot replicate it so that can't fix it. They won't get reimbursed for the warranty work from Nissan on it. This will be great until I am driving down the freeway and it disengages.

Has anyone else experienced issues with the rear trunk latch like this at all? My Xterra is out of warranty in about 300 miles.

Thanks,
Michael
Yeah same happened with my rear trunk latch and in the end after several repairing in garage i had to chance the complete set, really was an expensive move to do

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah same happened with my rear trunk latch and in the end after several repairing in garage i had to chance the complete set, really was an expensive move to do
So you installed a new latch mechanism? How much were the parts? Hard to get it installed properly and functioning correctly?

Michael

1 - 3 of 3 Posts