Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently inherited a 2009 Xterra and 3 times it has stopped running while driving at normal speed around town. Thankfully it hasn’t happened on the highway! The truck has no error codes when I get it checked. The only thing I noticed was that is started hard before it had this issue. I don’t have much of maintenance history for it and two local shops, including won that specialIves in Asain vehicles, can’t find any reason for this to keep happening. The truck has 145,000 miles on it and I love it but not feeling good about driving it with this issue. Please help.

· Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
3,345 Posts
Find an OBD scanner that provides views of live data. Start with a scan of all 4 code families, B, C, P, and U. If there are any permanent codes, write them down, then clear them, then put it in Live mode and drive the car. You might need a buddy to assist so you can keep your eyes on the road or the data, but not both.

"Hard to start" can come in many flavors. First, do you have good pressure when starting? What about a clean air filter, clean MAF, and the MAF is plugged in all the way? Is there good, strong spark to all plugs? Does the starter seem to drag, or turn slowly? Does it take a lot of cranking to get the engine started? How old is the battery? Has it been thoroughly load tested?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.