Nissan XTerra Forum banner
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
I was trying to figure out what state the plates are on that car. I know that some of you on this forum are paramedics and have probably seen this in your careers, that can't be easy having to deal with something like that.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Here's the article info on that accident. The Civic was another motorist that was involved as well (innocent bystander I presume), and the car the girl was driving was a Porsche 911 Convertible.

18-year-old Ladera Ranch woman killed on toll road
CHP says Nicole Catsouras was trying to pass another car on right at more than 100 mph.
By KIMBERLY EDDS
The Orange County Register

LAKE FOREST– Nicole Catsouras, 18, of Ladera Ranch was killed Tuesday afternoon when her black Porsche 911 Carrera clipped a Honda she was trying to pass on the right at more than 100 mph on the Eastern (241) Toll Road, the California Highway Patrol said.

Catsouras was driving southbound near Alton Parkway when she suddenly switched lanes and lost control of the Porsche, CHP officials said, and then cut across the center median, careened across several lanes of traffic and crashed into a tollbooth.

The 20-year-old driver of the Honda was taken to a local hospital and treated for minor injuries.

The cause of the accident is under investigation.

·
Registered
401 Posts
while i freely admit that i am both young and dumb and have hit the 95 limit in my x on multiple occasions and have actually drifted better than this tool in a mustang (disclaimer: not all mustang owners are tools, i knew the kid) i believe that it is all in where you do it and as long as only you can get hurt i dont see a problem

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
while i freely admit that i am both young and dumb and have hit the 95 limit in my x on multiple occasions and have actually drifted better than this tool in a mustang (disclaimer: not all mustang owners are tools, i knew the kid) i believe that it is all in where you do it and as long as only you can get hurt i dont see a problem

Yeah, but you Kirkwood guys are all crazy anyways, so it's no big deal...it's expected of you! :mocking:

·
Registered
401 Posts
lol yeah u no ur nuts when a cop actually tells u that "YOU ARE BAT-SHIT CRAZY, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU"
this particular incident involved a snowboard, a jeep liberty, snow shovels, a parking lot and 4 RedBulls

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
haha, yeah...sounds a lot like my senior year there too ;)

...and I got busted by the K-wood police for climbing the Kirkwood water tower on a dare...the one over on Andrews Lane by Meramec CC. lol.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
lol...I have no idea how he knew I was up there...all I know is I got a trespassing charge...obviously, and had to do some community service cleaning some offices in the Kirkwood courthouse for a few weekends.

·
Registered
401 Posts
lol if i had a dollar for every time one of my friends told me they got community service at the courthouse id be able to buy that freakin shrock bumper

·
Registered
3 Posts
i'm not reading all this, and i'm sure it's been answered by now. it's the speed governor. my X does it at 96. i'm rarely that fast these days, but i drive a lot on the highway and have hit the cut off tens of times. i read a few posts where people were saying they rarely hit 85. i run mine at 84 (14 over the limit seems to be the safe zone for not getting pulled over in GA) all the time and have run it from GA to MS (6hr drive, +/-) in the 90mph range several times.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey guys been awhile since i ve been around been busy with the newborn but question i first noticed this back in april but i never really drive that fast to have notice it again until this pass weekend i was driving down the freeway doing bout 85 mph while i slowly crept up to 91-94 and my truck made this weird feeling like it gonna shut down on me and i am not driving a stick shift so now i am worried about going over 90 any ideas what it is , it kinda feels like the truck has a governor at 90 and shakes a lil and then when i slow down it goes back to normal but always at over 90 :kalt-big:
So me being young and being an enthusiast of cars I use my X like it is a race car mainly because I don't have anything else at the moment but also because it is my first car and it means alot to me so I want to keep it around and work on it I can say from personal experience that the X has no problem doing 80+ mph other then getting gallons per mile lmao just for the sake of convenience I'd like to know how to get rid of this speed limiter because I like the car alot and would like to modify it without the mods being rendered pointless

·
Registered
2004 Xterra XE 4WD Auto 3.3L NA V6
1,506 Posts
You must text a lot. There is no punctuation in that paragraph at all!

If your Xterra actually means a lot to you and you want to keep it around, you'll slow down and drive more sanely. You'll also learn that deleting the speed limiter is really just the first step in the next phase of your life, which is paying for an accident for many years, or worse, regretting what you did to someone else.

Being young doesn't always have to mean going crazy and being stupid.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts