Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm getting 33's for this Christmas, and i've been reading about some other guys not needing the lift yet for them to fit. In order to fit i've read up on some melting of the fenders real quick Just wondering where and how, and with what? Thanks.

· Premium Member
504 Posts
you can get a heat gun for about $20 at any hardware store (They have a lot of uses, actually!) and you warm up and reshape the inner fender liner (where the bulges are) to prevent rubbing - you may still get a little rubbing at full turn lock, but that may depend on the tires/backspacing.

· Professional
1,559 Posts
Bfg ATs clean well on second gens. If you have the power to clean them, they will clean out. Ive never had an issue with mine clogging up.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

· Professional
1,559 Posts
The mud will get stuck in them if you don't have the wheel speed to clean them out. Underpowered trucks are unable to create the wheel speed in 4wd to clean the tires out (get the mud out from between the treads). My 2nd gen has never had an issue with getting the mud out of the treads though. With enough skill and proper skinny pedal application, it comes right out.

· Professional
1,559 Posts
I guess it depends on what v8 truck you saw. GM was really liberal with their numbers throughout the 90s and early 2000s. Most of their v8 trucks fail to make more power than many 6 cylinders. I have never had an issue with mine cleaning out, even going through deep mud. Most of my wheeling is in mud on top of rock and I haven't had an issue there either. The tire has a good design to grip and pull the truck along, but if its packed full of mud it doesn't work as well. I've had personal experience with multiple sets (3 sets now).

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.