Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D
Okay, well this is my first post. Sad to say, I was thinking about mods, because my xterra JUST works.

But then this happened,

I replaced my radiator, and everything was fine, but the transmission oil cooler (previously done) was left unsecured to the radiator. When I was driving, it fell down and scraped against the ground causing fluid to leak everywhere.

Because I needed to get home, I disconnected the lines going to the oil cooler, and attached them to the radiator, where they originally were. I then proceeded to top off the transmission fluid.
Hoping for it to start it started, but then when i switch it into gears, it won't run....

Any tips/advice.. maybe something i'm missing?:eek:

Thanks.

· Premium Member
8,525 Posts
:D
Okay, well this is my first post. Sad to say, I was thinking about mods, because my xterra JUST works.

But then this happened,

I replaced my radiator, and everything was fine, but the transmission oil cooler (previously done) was left unsecured to the radiator. When I was driving, it fell down and scraped against the ground causing fluid to leak everywhere.

Because I needed to get home, I disconnected the lines going to the oil cooler, and attached them to the radiator, where they originally were. I then proceeded to top off the transmission fluid.
Hoping for it to start it started, but then when i switch it into gears, it won't run....

Any tips/advice.. maybe something i'm missing?:eek:

Thanks.
If this truck is 2005 or newer do not drive with trans hooked up to radiator

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So Maybe I'm a little bit of a noob...
But I pulled the dipstick.. cleaned it.. and put it back in... the vehicle was at operating temp... and well.. it looks bone dry..

Idk if that's an indication of the levels or maybe i'm not doing it right..

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'd like to start off by thanking the support here. You all are awesome.

Now to continue I just bought some fluid for it I got a 5 quart to start off with.

Is it possible that it's just not engaging gears because it's low on fluid?

Why when I pull my dipstick out am I not getting any fluid, does that mean it's bone dry?

How should I put this fluid in? Through the dipstick?

It's an Automatic btw.

· Premium Member
8,525 Posts
yes get a small funnel and add by dip stick tube i would add 1/4 bottle at a time recheck with dip stick tell it starts to show remember the truck must on level ground and the engine must be running when check the level

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.