Nissan XTerra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2000 xterra project I plan on modding like crazy :) I noticed today the transmission cooler lines have a leak right at the fitting on the bottom of the rad. It was cold out and snowing and I didn't have a chance to inspect well. Are those fittings screwed in? can they be fixed with teflon tape? or are they pressed in and i need a new rad or a external cooler? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
The nipples are molded in on both oem and aftermarket radiators i've seen. Like said above try replacing the hose and clamps first. Much cheaper option cause you can buy it by the ft at most auto parts places.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you!

I will try the hoses first, it doesn't seem like the fittings are a common problem on first gens. If it is leaking at the fitting has anybody tried a external cooler? is there a certain one you would recommend?

·
Premium Member
8,519 Posts
B&M makes nice stuff. I would get a whole S/C radiator double the cooling no mod needed bolts right in $100, your radiator is 15 years old the plastic is going south the inside is full of sediment and it only takes one over heat to blow a head gasket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts