Nissan XTerra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 XE 3.3L 4WD auto transmission and I'm having transmission problems and a radiator leak. I've been told of a common problem where coolant gets into the tranny and if I replace my transmission, then I should put in a separate tranny cooler. How would I go about doing that?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Doubt thats the problem on a first gen. The most common reason for tranny problems on my gen 1 has been my throttle posistion sensor acting up. It acts differently every time i start it. And dont replace your transmission if your unsure of what the real problem is. gen 1 trannys are pretty darn strong. Ive done many tugawars with jeeps and a f250 2wd with a 460v8 which i was honestly expecting him to rip my truck in half. I pulled that thing around like a rag doll in 4x4. been mudding has pulled a 6k pound boat by the previous owner... and mines got 186k on it still going stong and my fluid and filter was neglected by the previous owner as well it was black when i got it. But again you should not replace unless you got proof of whats wrong with the tranny. And coming from someone who knows better theres no real way to know whats wrong with a transmission unless you pull it apart and inspect it. Going to a tranny shop and them diagnosing your problems like a simple delayed shift there gonna tell you the worst just like they did when i had my dodge i had a failing 50 dollar solinoid. They swore that it was my clutches where burned up and told me i also needed a new torque converter. Live and learn i did.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts